An Exploration of Lean Concepts
Lean Manufacturing is a major business initiative that strives to eliminate waste and decrease time between order and delivery by eliminating non-value added waste in the production stream. When done right, it should improve profitability, timeliness and customer satisfaction.
The program focus is on practical principles that can, when implemented, shorten the time between customer orders and product shipments.
- Introduction and background of Lean Manufacturing
- The Lean Manufacturing philosophy
- Principles of Lean Manufacturing
- shortening the manufacturing cycle time to produce products JIT
- JIT acquisition, utilization and distribution of resources
- Restructuring the manufacturing organization to free workers from machines
- Implementing lean manufacturing through standards setting
- Goals and company expectations
- This program provides an introduction to the concepts of Lean Manufacturing and the basics for transforming a traditional shop floor to a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Who Should Attend:
- Manufacturing leaders who are responsible for establishing manufacturing standards.
- Small to medium business owners who are interested in becoming more competitive utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
One-day program, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.