Understanding & Implementing AS9100
The AS 9100 standard expands on ISO 9001:2008 requirements to meet the needs of the aerospace
industry. The industry experts who wrote the standard and the representatives who approved it all
agree that these additions are essential to ensure product, process and service safety and quality.
This course will fully review the most current version of AS 9100 standard, its clauses and how it
relates to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Key differences between the two standards will be discussed,
and gaps between systems that currently meet ISO 9001 but are striving toward AS9100 will be
highlighted. Special attention will be given to the additional requirements of AS9100 such as first
article inspection, expanded design and development function, configuration management, and the
need to meet regulatory requirements and customer expectations. Additionally, this course provides
attendees with useful information on how AS9100 implementation or transition can be
- Terminology, structure, and the AS 9100 philosophy
- Review of the standard with special emphasis on additional requirements (versus ISO
9001) for AS9100 certification
- Relationship between AS9100 and your business processes
- Understanding first article inspection, risk assessment, and configuration management
- How to use AS9100 as a tool for improvement
- Next steps for implementing AS9100 or transitioning to it from ISO 9001
Who Should Attend:
- •Management, Supervisors, QA/QC personnel and critical staff who are required to have
an understanding of the AS 9100 Standard
- Anyone involved with managing, developing, implementing, maintaining, inspecting or
auditing to the AS 9100 standard
Program Duration: Two-day program, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Locations: Atlanta, San Antonio, Indianapolis, Lexington, and at your own U.S. location.
Call us to get started: 1-800-355-3876
Click Here for our AS9100 Internal Auditor Classes in your area!
Click Here to Get Your FREE AS9100 Consulting and Certification Quote
Click Here for Our Web Specials!