Continual Improvement Introduction:
4.1 General Requirements
The organization shall establish, document, implement, and maintain a quality management system and continually improve its effectiveness in accordance with the requirements of this International Standard.
The organization shall
- identify the processes needed for the quality management system and their application throughout the organization,
- determine the sequence and interaction of these processes,
- determine criteria and methods needed to ensure that both the operation and control of these processes are effective,
- ensure the availability of resources and information necessary to support the operation and monitoring of these processes,
- monitor, measure, and analyse these processes, and
- implement actions necessary to achieve planned results and continual improvement of these processes.
8.5.1 Continual Improvement
The organization shall continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system through the use of the quality policy, quality objectives, audit results, analysis of data, corrective and preventive actions and management review.
220.127.116.11 Continual improvement of the organization
The organization shall define a process for continual improvement (see examples in annex B of ISO 9004:2000).
18.104.22.168 Manufacturing process improvement
Manufacturing process improvement shall continually focus upon control and reduction of variation in product characteristics and manufacturing process parameters.
NOTE 2: Continual improvement is implemented once manufacturing processes are capable and stable, or product characteristics are predictable and meet customer requirements.
Click Here for our Public Training Calendar
Get Your FREE Consulting and Certification Quote Here
Click Here for Our Web Specials!